PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
I as a named participant, and/or my minor child named as a participant, identified in an electronic registration placed on clubshop.crusadersrugby.club (as applicable, the “Participant”) desire to participate in programming offered by the Crusaders Rugby Club, and to participate in the sport of rugby and/or related activities, during the calendar year that this agreement was accepted electronically at clubshop.crusadersrugby.club; I do hereby state and declare that the Participant is over the age of majority in my jurisdiction of residence or has had his or her parent or legal guardian execute this Release on behalf of the Participant. In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the sport of rugby, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Participant, on behalf of his or herself, and his or her successors, heirs, assigns and anyone else who may make any claim for or on behalf of the Participant, hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees as follows:
PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT FOR CRUSADERS RUGBY CLUB PROGRAMS CONDUCT:
I/My participating child hereby agree to abide by and support the current World Rugby Laws of Rugby Union (http://laws.worldrugby.org/).
USE OF IMAGE:
I hereby grant the Crusaders Rugby Club and associated provincial/territorial and national governing bodies, including Rugby Canada, the irrevocable right to use, at their sole discretion any information and/or photographs of or about myself or my child, as applicable, including without limitation, my (or my child’s) name, address, voice, photograph, image and/or other likeness, for publicity, advertising or other promotion of the Crusaders Rugby Club and/or associated provincial/territorial and/or national governing body in any and all media without compensation or further notification. I understand that this may include written, pictorial, or video materials.
- I agree as a precondition of my participation in the sport of rugby as organized by the Crusaders Rugby Club and in further consideration of their inviting me and/or registering me to do so, to be strictly bound by the terms of this waiver.
- I acknowledge that participation in the sport of rugby (including without limitation as conducted in accordance with its laws and regulations) involves inherent risks and dangers that can cause serious injury to its participants, particularly to its players, including without limitation:
- risks and dangers of (i) accidents, (ii) serious personal and bodily injury, including (without limitation) injuries to the eyes, face, teeth, brain, head and other parts of the body, bruises, sprains, cuts, scrapes, breaks, concussions, dislocations and spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed or debilitated, (iii) death, and (iv) property loss or damage;
- risk of collisions or contact with other participants, spectators, equipment, and the venue or field.
- I fully understand the risks and dangers associated with my participation (or that of my child if applicable) in the sport of rugby as conducted in accordance with its laws and regulations and do accept the same entirely at my own risk (or the risk of my child if applicable).
- I, on my own behalf and on behalf of my child if applicable, fully and forever release, discharge and indemnify and hold harmless Crusaders Rugby Club and the associated provincial/territorial and national governing bodies, and each of their respective affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, directors, officers, members, employees, agents, insurers, volunteers, assigns and successors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) of and from any and all causes of action, lawsuits, losses, damages, injuries (including personal and bodily injuries, death and injury to property) howsoever caused (whether by negligence or otherwise), claims, demands, sums, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), and any other liability of any kind, of or to me or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my (or my child’s) participation in the sport of rugby.
- I, on my own behalf and on behalf of my child if applicable, agree not to initiate any lawsuit, court action or other legal proceeding against any of the Released Parties, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money damages, which anyone may have, on account of loss, damage or injury sustained by me (or my child if applicable) or others directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my (or my child’s) participation in the sport of rugby.
I have read, understand, accept and agree to this Participation Agreement And Release Of Liability.